Menu
330d
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Screen flash on picture change on my TiVo box

Hi all,

Little issue wth my Tivo Smiley Sad
When watching a programme it plays fine, sound is fine but when the picture changes (ie) goes from one person to another I get a flash of an outline of image on screen in white - it's really hard to describe.
It's just a split second but it's very very very annoying.
I've changed HDMI cable, tried it through an amp, changed hdmi socket on TV - all have no effect. I've recorded something on TiVo and watched it back and the flicker seems to happen the same so I think it's the box.
I have other things hooked up to the TV and it's doesn't happen with them so it's not the TV.

Any ideas? It's making me not watch TV as it's so annoying.

Thanks
Andy

0 Kudos
330d
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen flash on picture change

Update
Only seems to happen on certain channels (from the few I watch most of the time)
E4 (watching it now and it happens)

4hd - just tried it and didn't notice it

Weird!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 330d

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment, I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you.

We're not detecting any issues from our end at the moment, do you notice this issue occur at certain times or is it something that happens at all times?

Look forward to hearing from you and getting to the bottom of this issue

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
330d
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi
Thanks for your reply.
Honestly I couldn't really tell you if its at certain times - I don't have time to watch the TV during the day Smiley Sad
In the evening its worse on some channels
My Tivo box was replaced a little while back due to a HDD failure, I'm just wondering if this new issue ties in with the new box - it's been happening for a while I just haven't got round to reporting it.
I can certainly try and make a not of when it's happening (ie) time and channel and let you know.
Thanks
Andy
0 Kudos
330d
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's currently happening on Discovery HD.
It's not bad but it's definitely happening

BBC one - looks awful!
Bbc 2 - same
Itv - happening in occasions
Channel4 - quite often
4hd - same as channel 4

Give you an idea after checking a few channels in the last 5 mins

Some of the images also appear to 'shimmer'
I can be quite fussy about the picture on the TV but even the missis has mentioned it - so it must be bad.

I've checked with other devices properly lately to rule out the cables and TV
No other device has this issue - bluesy, ps4, PC, appleTV

Any suggestions would be grately received

Cheers
Andy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy,

Thanks for getting back to us with an update and for carrying out these checks for us, it's a great help.

I have had a look at your box as Craig did and all is still looking fine signal wise.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round and give everything a health check and hopefully get this fixed for you.

I will send you a private message with further details.  Look for the envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos