Menu
glenys
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Screeching sounds coming through speakers

I pressed the "Guide" button on the Tivo remote and got a very loud screechy "fax" sound coming through the speakers.  I found someone earlier last year on this site asking the same question, but didnt get a reply. They have had it on numerous occasions, and because it is quite loud and startling, I don't really want to have it again myself :-(

Any idea what might have caused it, please?

It stopped when I rebooted the set.

XG

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screeching sounds coming through speakers

I can only suggest changing the HDMI cable if that's how you're connected. An occasional reboot is not a bad idea with TiVo as it usually sorts out any little glitches. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screeching sounds coming through speakers

Hi glenys

I'm really sorry to hear about the noise you're hearing when you press the guide button, it's not something we want for you at all!

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests from our end, we're not detecting anything unusual at the moment. 

Has this happened more than once? Have you got any audio equipment plugged into the TV / TiVo box? Lastly, can you talk me through how your TiVo is connected to the TVMan Happy

Thanks in advance, 

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos