Menu
wombat123
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote and Tivo

Hi there,

I've just made the switch from BT to Virgin Media and I must say it's a massive relief!

However I a while back I purchased a Samsung UE48JU7500 and used it's Universal Remote with our BT TV just fine. Here's a pic of the remote, I think they refer to it as a Smart TV remote.

remote.jpg

Anyway, now I've upgraded to the TiVo box that comes with VM I don't seem to be able to control the TiVo box at all. I can't even do anything simple like change the channel or turn it off and on let alone access the TV Guide on Home. When I use the Universal Remote setup feature on the TV I do have the option to choose either a TiVo STB or a Virgin Media STB (amongst many others) but no matter what I select the Smart remote won't control the Tivo.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote and Tivo

Looking at the specs for your TV and its remote it uses HDMI-CEC to control devices connected to it and as far as i know the TiVo does not support that. (i could be wrong).

Also to note Virgins Remote codes are the same for all there boxes. e.g. a VHD, V+HD remote will operate a Tivo and visa versa.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
wombat123
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung Smart TV Universal Remote and Tivo

Tidus wrote:

Looking at the specs for your TV and its remote it uses HDMI-CEC to control devices connected to it and as far as i know the TiVo does not support that. (i could be wrong).

Also to note Virgins Remote codes are the same for all there boxes. e.g. a VHD, V+HD remote will operate a Tivo and visa versa.

Hmmmmm I was worried that something like this might be the case.

Is there anything that I can put between the TV and the TiVo that will make them talk?

0 Kudos