Menu
TE27Rolla
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SKY TV and Recording Interface vs Virgin Tivo

Hi folks - I have just switched to Virgin from SKY and find the TV channel search and record interface very jumbled compared to what I am used to.

Is it just me, I am hoping I'll get used to it as dare I say it does not seem to be as idiot proof as what I have been used to.

I have been looking at an idiots guide to try and understand the logic of the Virgin Tivo system, anyone got any tips on user guides etc.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SKY TV and Recording Interface vs Virgin Tivo

Funnily enough I had the misfortune to go the other way a few years ago and Sky's attempt made no sense whatsoever Smiley Very Happy

What are you trying to achieve?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Funnily enough I had the misfortune to go the other way a few years ago and Sky's attempt made no sense whatsoever Smiley Very Happy

What are you trying to achieve?

To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
TheRazzaG
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On the guide using channel down jumps pages, fast forwards/back jumps in 2 hour blocks and the skip forwards/backwards button jumps days. You can jump around the guide pretty quickly like that.
Go into settings and recordings and have a nosey there, these settings become your defaults everytime you press record or series link anything.

Don't know if this was the sort of stuff you was looking for but if you need anything specific just ask away.
0 Kudos
TE27Rolla
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Think I am beginning to get the hang of it, don't seem to be able to mute the sound but that may be due to the sound bar I am using and cant seem to able to flick through the channels without actually changing them or going to the TV guide.

I just hope the V6 box has a better user interface.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TE27Rolla wrote:

Think I am beginning to get the hang of it, don't seem to be able to mute the sound but that may be due to the sound bar I am using and cant seem to able to flick through the channels without actually changing them or going to the TV guide.

I just hope the V6 box has a better user interface.

Remote can be configured by using the guide here, just make sure you set up the TV before the sound bar.
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFl...

Press OK while watching to peruse the mini-guide.

The V6 should have exactly the same interface as they're both underpinned by the same software.

Appreciably things are going to be night & day different from Sky's interface, personally I think for the better in a lot of respects, but this is the place to ask questions if things don't make as much sense as they perhaps should. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos