Menu
gordongray1437
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Running apps on TiVo are dreadful

Given the fast Internet speed we use with vm, why is trying to watch apps on the TiVo box such a let down.?

Apps such as bbc I player and YouTube are hopeless trying to view as they keep sticking and buffering

The equipment has been checked, the speed is fantastic however the TiVo service is dreadful 

I have tried resetting the box, checked diagnostics, all to no avail

The TiVo box is letting vm service down very badly

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Running apps on TiVo are dreadful

Hi gorgongray1437,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the Apps on the TiVo® isn't running faster at the moment.  I know you've mentioned that this has been checked out already with no fault found so far, I have taken a look anyway just incase we may have over looked anything.

Currently all looks great with the signal and network side of things.  

Can you please let me know how long this has been happening for?

I'm here to help if oyu need me.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
deans6571
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have to echo what gorgongray1437 has said above.

Pure and simple - apps just do not work on TiVo. Yes, my TiVo is running 100% as it should but apps just do not run smoothly at all on it. BBC iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix are just terrible on the TiVo - even though supposedly it has its own "dedicated 10Mb connection" Smiley Indifferent

I gave up using apps on my Tivo, over a year ago..........

These apps ALL run perfectly on my Apple TV and Xbox One, even though these are both using wifi to connect to my Superhub - go figure?!

If you want to use an app - DON'T USE A TIVO!!!

Smiley Wink

gordongray1437
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has been ongoing for as long as I've had the TiVo box which is well over a year or two, it's only been recently that I have tried to use them again and the same issues are there. I'm clearly not alone here
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most of the time the apps work well on my box. The only time I have a problem is when a network connection is in progress. This is when everything breaks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
0 Kudos
mks0125
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had this same issue with iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube on the Tivo box. Been getting this issue for 5 months and have complained to VM many times.

iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube all work fine when using them on a laptop with the VM Broadband. The VM Tech support explained that the Tivo does not use the broadband line, but has a separate 10Mbs line that it uses. They say the issue due to an external bandwith issue which they were planning to have been upgraded on 18/Nov/2015. Last night they have now told me it be Jan/2016.

They have refunded part of my subscription fee due to the poor service - I recommend that you call up and complain.

0 Kudos