Menu
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Robotic echo on sound over HDMI

Intermittently we are getting a robotic echo on sound over HDMI.

I have:

1. Changed the cable

2. Changed the HDMI port on the back of the TV (we have 4)

The fault continues. We also have a 4K FireTV box connected via HDMI and have no issues, so am pretty confident its the VM Tivo box.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Robotic echo on sound over HDMI

Hello dyawlak,

Thanks for posting about this and for carrying out your own checks what I would like to do next is to arrange for a technician to visit your property to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see a message waiting for you with further information.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So engineer has been and replaced the box. 3hours later the robotic sounds came back. I can watch Amazon Fire TV for 3+Hours with no issues, 30mins of VM TV (live or recorded) and I get 20-30seconds of robotic echos.

Suggestions, etc welcome as usual.

0 Kudos
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Any ideas appreciated
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello dyawlak,

Thanks for getting back to us with this information.

Sorry to hear it's happened again after your technician visit although it's strange to still be continuing with a new box and changed cable. Is this happening on certain channels and does it happen if you're on the home screen?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Rose.

Not noticed it on home page as dont generally sit on it for long. I'm wondering if its HD channels. As is so random. I'll monitor over the next few days and look out for any common issues. Have there been any recent (last few months) upgrades?

Thanks

0 Kudos
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Took about 50mins on channel 870, before it occurred at about 0712. 870 is an SD ITV channel for ITV Meridian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have not heard of any updates that have caused this, I also watch mainly HD channels and I have not experienced this issue. Have you tried watching any SD channels to see if it's the same? And are you using any surround sound system?

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
dyawlak
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Rose,

My last reply was re an SD channel.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ah my mistake I can see this now, so it looks like it's on both HD and SD channels then. Can I just confirm whether you're using any surround sound system? 

The only thing I can suggest is to arrange for someone else to take a look at this as you've tried everything from your side, I'll just pop you another private message with appointment times.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos