Menu
Steve1077
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Returning old V+ box after free tivo upgrade?

I've just changed my old V+ box over to Tivo, I thought there would be some info as to returning the old V+ box, but there isn't! What should I do with the old box?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Aimee_Saskia
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning old V+ box after free tivo upgrade?

Hi Steve1077,

If you give VM a quick call on 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and speak to the Customer Care Team who can be reached from the main menu by selecting > option 4, followed by option 1 — they will send you out some pre-paid packaging to return your old box. It normally arrives 3-5 working days after your request.

Hope this helps!

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I work for Virgin Media but any opinions expressed by myself are my own.
Want to say thank you? Click 'Kudos'.
Did I answer your question? 'Mark as Helpful Answer'.

Tags (1)
Lightbulb22
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have just tried to follow this process, but have been told by Virgin Customer Servce that they will only accept for recycling boxes that can be reused in some way. My V+ box (Scientific Atlantic) apparently does not fit into category, so I now have the responsibility , and inconvenience, of trying to get refuse disposal to take it or find some recycling point locally, which does not appear to exist. This is poor customer service; as Virgin has effectively forced the replacement but will not accept the responsibility to handle the redundant kit. 

Very disappointed customer. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lightbulb, 

Thank you for your message, I'm sorry that we've not been able to collect the redundant box. Although we always recommend that the box is recycled correctly it is entirely your choice to do with as you wish. I can see you've mentioned about local recycling points, if you click here you can find any local centre. 

Many thanks and if you need any further assistance please let me know.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bulldog
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

did you pay for your v+ box when you taken the contract out ? if so i would say it up to you to recyle it ,if you did not pay for the box then its down to Vm to sort it out its their property simple don't let them fob you off

0 Kudos
Steve1077
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm still waiting for the packaging, my guess is they don't want my old box back, it would be nice to know either way.

Okay I just phoned them and like above they don't want it back

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bulldog wrote:

did you pay for your v+ box when you taken the contract out ? if so i would say it up to you to recyle it ,if you did not pay for the box then its down to Vm to sort it out its their property simple don't let them fob you off

All VM equipment is rented. Connection & activation fees do not mean you own the box.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos