Menu
bmc99
Dialled in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Returning TiVo Box

Bit of advice please.i have a TiVo box and super hub to return because i have canceled my Virgin Media service.They have just sent me a plastic envelope to put the equipment in. Is this correct because the plastic envelope gives no protection what so ever to the TiVo box and modem.The bubble wrap sent is only big enough for the modem .I'm worried that if and most likely it will arrive damaged i will get billed for the Box and Modem worth according to virgin if i don't send them back £150.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Returning TiVo Box

bmc99 wrote:

Bit of advice please.i have a TiVo box and super hub to return because i have canceled my Virgin Media service.They have just sent me a plastic envelope to put the equipment in. Is this correct because the plastic envelope gives no protection what so ever to the TiVo box and modem.The bubble wrap sent is only big enough for the modem .I'm worried that if and most likely it will arrive damaged i will get billed for the Box and Modem worth according to virgin if i don't send them back £150.

When I last did a kit return, it had to be taken to a collect+ supporting place. Last I read flat pack box(es) were being sent out to go along with that inner protective stuff. If you refer to this page, link: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=39834&CURRENT_...

Start the video and go with option 3 when it gives you three choices, it better explains the contents of what was sent. If you 100% did not receive the flat pack boxes shown, it'd be worth requesting another returns pack.

When it comes to collect+ your responsibility for the kit ends once you hand it over. You should take some photos of the kit before handing it over just be 100% safe.

Edit: typo fixed

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

bmc99 wrote:

When I last did a kit return, it had to be taken to a collect+ supporting place. Last I read flat pack box(es) were being sent out to go along with that inner protective stuff. If you refer to this page, link: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=39834&CURRENT_...

Start the video and go with option 3 when it gives you three choices, it better explains the contents of what was sent. If you 100% did not receive the flat pack boxes shown, it'd be worth requesting another returns pack.

When it comes to collect+ your responsibility for the kit ends once you hand it over. You should take some photos of the kit before handing it over just be 100% safe.

Edit: typo fixed

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
bmc99
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for a great reply.I guess they sent the wrong return package seeing they  only sent the plastic envelope.I will contact them again and request the flatpack box.Cheers.

0 Kudos