Menu
Wilko1979
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Resetting equipment

Why is it I appear to have to reset both my hub and TiVo box to get anywhere near a slick product? After less than week after resets they're both sluggish again with poor speeds on the vivid broadband and the TiVo menu is painfully slow.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resetting equipment

Hi Wilko1979, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've been having an issue with your TiVo® and Broadband service. 

Checking the account I can see that we already looked in to the broadband issue and found that the issue was related to a fault in your area. This is still on going and the review date hasn't changed from the last time you were informed. 

With your TiVo®,  the first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps. Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. Has this made any difference?

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up!

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Give these actions a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos