Menu
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Reset my Tivo box and now it won't connect

I wanted to get rid of several series records that I didn't intend to set and also wanted to reselect favourites so I used a complete reset.

When the box restarted, it had an error message at the first step "connecting" — it suggested a restart and try again.

I've done that several times now.

Our other box (non-Tivo) is working fine on both cable outputs so it's not a cable problem.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reset my Tivo box and now it won't connect

The best way to delete stuff is to do it in the normal way. By doing a full reset it's obviously caused your box to fail. It may have been on its way to that but the only thing now is to phone in for help 150 free from a virgin phone or 03454541111

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the advice.
Will sort it in the morning.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterMcC

I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo box lately.

I've been able to locate your account and take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're seeing the box as online at the moment, so I hope that means it's working for you?

If that's not the case, respond here and I'll take a look for you right awayMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
PeterMcC
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

Thanks for checking - really nice guy in the Indian centre fixed it remotely. Only sorry I didn't get his name "cos I would have liked to commend him.

Had a bad experience last time I used technical support and seriously considered terminating the service
- eventually resolved with an apology and a price reduction.

The guy in India restored my confidence in Virgin and your technical support.

Once more a happy customer.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeterMcC,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. Smiley Happy 

If you have any further issues you know where to find us.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos