Menu
PeteFothergill
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replay of Tivo recordings & paused TV is pixellated, stuttering and freezing.

The equipment isn't new and the whole Tivo service is running slowly. All replayed recordings and live TV that has been paused stutters, is pixelated and sometimes results in a black screen-freeze.

This has been happening for two months now. Customer Support in India had some difficulty understanding my English (Yorkshire) accent, I think, so I'm trying the forum here. Despite me assuring the "Tech person" at Customer Support that absolutely nothing had changed or been added to the Tivo kit/service, he had me testing the cables (presumably for damage from small rodents/movement caused by earthquake??) and proximity of other devices - just in case the previously quite-sufficient air gap had suddenly become compromised by the addition of other devices and/or movement by poltergeists? The "Tech" had me reset the Tivo box and told me he would "keep an eye on it" (really? from India?), but I have little confidence in his ability to do that, and even less in his ability to physically do anything about the problem.

Anyway, the upshot is that the problem is not resolved and the consensus of opinion in the forums is that the behaviour of the Tivo box is often indicative of a failing hard disk in the the Tivo box itself. If this is the case, no amount of replugging cables and resetting of the box will fix this, so I would be grateful for any further advice, please.

Thanks in anticipation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replay of Tivo recordings & paused TV is pixellated, stuttering and freezing.

Hello PeteFothergill,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to learn about the issues you've been experiencing with your TiVo® box.

I have located your account and I can see a replacement box was ordered so please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos