Menu
Toddy14
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Replacement tivo box

What's the best way to arrange for a replacement tivo box. My box is now really slow and jams frequently.

Previously I was asked on the phone to go through reboot process which worked for a day or two. Could really be doing with a new one.

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement tivo box

Ring in and book an engineer to cone out is the only way. A new box won't cure the slowness - that's a software issue which they're so say working on- but should stop the freezing. They may check your signal first because if that's the issue they can sort it out with a new box. 

Toddy14
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll give them a call. It's really bad!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Toddy14,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having TiVo® trouble.

I'd like to look into this for you but I can't seem to find your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
orions
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My tivo box has been playing up for a while now, we had an engineer out who said he found a problem with the cable outside but we still get alot of picture freezing and we cant risk watching or recording on HD because the programmes are unwatchable, also twice now we have lost our tv guide and favourites and i have had to reconnect. Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI orions

Sorry to learn about the continued problems with your TV service, I've taken a look and run some in depth tests on the service from our end for you

We're not detecting any errors from our end at the moment, does the picture freezing happen on any particular channels or at any time of day in particular?

Apologies again for the inconvenience this has caused, we're looking forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
orions
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig 

it is usually recorded programmes that have the problems or always on HD channels. Thankyou for looking into this for me.

orions

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the clarification Orions,

Can you reboot the set top box after reading this message? If you're still experiencing issues after that then we'll be able to take an accurate look at the hard drive to see if we're detecting any errors.

Does this happen on the majority or minority of recordings?

I'd love to hear how it goes

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
orions
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig

i did a reboot as you said and it was fine until today and now the same problems are back, stuttering and pixelation problems. 

Hope you can help.

orions

0 Kudos
orions
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Happening now on most recordings
0 Kudos