Menu
junea1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacement remote

I have just been on live chat to ask for a replacement remote and have been told I have to pay £9.99. Why is this when everyone on community chat have been sent one for free. I have never asked for one before.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement remote

junea1 wrote:
I have just been on live chat to ask for a replacement remote and have been told I have to pay £9.99. Why is this when everyone on community chat have been sent one for free. I have never asked for one before.

They should only be asking for that if you've been going through a lot of remote's in a short period. Try using the Webchat again or call in about it (150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any other phone) and report a TV fault (that is the other way to get a replacement.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

junea1 wrote:

They should only be asking for that if you've been going through a lot of remote's in a short period. Try using the Webchat again or call in about it (150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any other phone) and report a TV fault (that is the other way to get a replacement.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi junea1

I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing in trying to order a remote recently, what problems are you experiencing with your current remote? 

I'll add notes to your account so that when you call or chat to us next, we can be sure we're not charging you when we shouldn't be.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

junea1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Its ok thank you i have now received a remote free of charge.😃
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Excellent news, thanks for taking the time to let me know june1Man Happy

You know where to find us should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide