Menu
murof
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Replacement box query

Hi, 

My Tivo box was damaged by lightning some time ago and the HDMI port has stopped working (actually killed the hdmi ports on my TV too and had to replace that)

Anyway, its working fine with the scart lead but I was thinking about getting it sorted and wondering if there's any chance of getting it replaced but swapping the hard disc over so that my recorded programs are still available? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement box query

sadly no chance of an HDD swap, it'll be the whole TiVo that goes.

I seem to be saying this a lot today, OK twice so far  Smiley Happy

see here for my experience of this happening last year (thankfully my TV survived)

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/TiVo-replaced-things-to-double-check-before-the-engineer-de...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi murof

Sorry to hear about the problem with your TiVo box, as sjp has mentioned, we'd need to swap the set top box in order to resolve this problem. 

If you'd like me to arrange this for you, let me know and we'll get an appointment sorted Man Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
nathanl3600
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will lose your recordings but you can transfer your series links and set recordings want info on this let me know I think you just log into tv anywhere on a pc and it's within the settings in there
Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos
murof
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

nathanl3600 wrote:
You will lose your recordings but you can transfer your series links and set recordings want info on this let me know I think you just log into tv anywhere on a pc and it's within the settings in there

Thanks for the advice, I'll sort something out soon

0 Kudos
murof
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, I will sort something out when I've decided what to do with the stuff I've got recorded

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi murof,

Thanks for getting back to us. Craig is off duty at the moment, so I've picked up your post. 

Just let us know when you're ready to get the box looked at by an engineer and we can arrange that for you.  Alternatively, you can call in on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other landline.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos