Menu
DomoTerimo2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Tivo Remote

Hi,

I've had TiVo for quite a few years, and in the last couple of months, my remote has started to fail.

The following buttons have no functionality anymore.

• Mute
  • Volume Down
  • Channel Down
  • Record
  • Dislike (The red thumb button)
  • My Shows

The following buttons work, but not always as intended

• Left/Right on the directional pad, they can sometimes translate their input to Up instead.
  • Down, on the directional pad, it often translates to Right, on the directional pad.

The following button has limited use (you have to press twice for it to actually respond)

• Number 1 (on the numerical keypad)

I've checked/replaced the batteries and given the remote a little shake to check if there was any rattling, and there is none, but I'm at a loss for why it's started doing this.

Currently if I want to scroll through my EPG I have to press "Guide" and then type in 428 (for Film4) and scroll up using the Up arrow/Channel Up buttons.

Any chance of a replacement one?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Tivo Remote

Forum staff cannot order new remotes.  Follow the procedure set out here: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=1A103082-141B-449A-AE97-601182AC4C15