Menu
Welsh_Chris
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Tivo+ Box Timescale

Reported a problem with my 1TB Tivo box last Saturday which was initially identified as a 'network problem' - follow-up call yesterday received very good customer service and was told that a new box could just be sent out rather than wait (another week) for an engineer. More than happy with this. Was told by the Customer Service 'manager' that dispatch would be 24-48 hours - again - no problem with that, but when put back onto the assistant who was dealing with my call that timescale was somewhat qualified and was told that it 'it could be in that time-frame but would certainly, 'hopefully' arrive before Christmas !? I'm presuming that the assistant I was dealing with perhaps had a bit more hands-on knowledge of how long delivery can take in the 'real world' of these boxes. Hopefully someone from VM on here can clarify what the real situation is, or would be interested in what the general experience has been.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement Tivo+ Box Timescale

Dispatch within 24 -48 hours to me means it will be passed to the carrier within that time.

VM use commercial carriers (usually YODEL) to deliver their kit to customers. With Christmas approaching we all know how busy these companies get, so while it should be delivered soon after dispatch, be prepared that it may take longer.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dispatch within 24 -48 hours to me means it will be passed to the carrier within that time.

VM use commercial carriers (usually YODEL) to deliver their kit to customers. With Christmas approaching we all know how busy these companies get, so while it should be delivered soon after dispatch, be prepared that it may take longer.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Welsh_Chris,

Thank you for the post, I'm sorry to read about the disruptions in the home. I have been into the account and there seems to be an issue that would need to be looked at by one of the team. Can you give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111, second number for non Virgin Media lines.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos