Menu
srm1977
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Repeated connections to virgin media service

Hello,

Last week I could not get Netflix to open so came here and it was suggested I reset the box and then try to connect to the network again. i did and it worked but took over 1 hour to connect. 

Yesterday I tried to stream a Sky Movie and got V202. I checked the network connections at 11.30am and it was 86% complete. It had previously connected around 4am. It took from 10.30 to 12.30 to connect and then said it was going to try again at 15.00. 

After it had connected I still got V202 so I spoke to Virgin and they reset the box. The lady I spoke to was not sure why the TIVO was trying to connect every few hours. She thought it normally happened every few weeks.

So my question is why is TIVO trying to connect every few hours? Is it normal and how do I stop it as it appears to be affecting my ability to stream programmes or use the apps. 

Many thanks

Steve 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated connections to virgin media service

Hi srm1977,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you have had problems with your TiVo apps and viewing On Demand content.

I've been able to check into this for you. I have run testing to your equipment and I'm not seeing any problems with your TiVo. I can see that there was a network fault in your area a few days ago that our engineers have now cleared.

Please let me know if you are still having problems with the TiVo so that I can look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
srm1977
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

No further problems, but I have not tried to use the TIVO when a connection is in progress. Last night it said it had made a successful connection on 06/09 @20.00 and was going to attempt another one on 07/09 @01.48. 

Are you able to advise as to whether these regular connections are normal? They seem to be very frequent.

Thanks

Steve 

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

~6 hour dialups are the norm, 1 will catch the daily update while others are there to catch updates and last minute changes to the epg.

0 Kudos