Menu
Steve1977
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Remote requires double / triple clicks

Quite a few months ago I mentioned here in passing about the Tivo Remote losing all the images on the front of the buttons. I wasnt complaining to be honest, merley adding to an existing thread. But credit to Virgin, they emailed me a free remote!

To be hones though we've never actually used it - until now...and now we've discovered it doesn't work properly.

Basically it does work in the sense it turns TV over, but you seem to have to double click the buttons and in some cases, triple click it. As for entering a pin...forget it as it doesn't work.

Is there something I'm missing here or I have a got a dud remote? (I have paired the remote to the tivo box btw)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote requires double / triple clicks

Hi Steve1977,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the new remote control isn't working as it should.  I know this will sound like a basic question, I just wanted to check anyway, have you tried new batteries?

If so and it's still the same then follow this thread to obtain a new one: Replacement TiVo® Remote Controls.

Let me know how you get on.  I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Steve1977
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote requires double / triple clicks

thanks Smiley Happy

yep, I did try new batteries and it does seem to have worked. I did get one instance where I was still having to double click, but in the main it seems okay.

Appreciate the reply.

0 Kudos