Menu
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Remote control very unresponsive

The remote for my Tivo box has recently become very unresponsive, sometimes it will turn box on, other times requires manual turn on, sometimes the remote buttons won't respond immediately or require a number of pushes. Sometimes removing the batteries and putting them back in helps. New batteries help for a few days, then it starts playing up again.

Can I get a new remote?

Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remote control very unresponsive

Look at top of board for details of how to get a new one. Think you've to ring in. 

Trying to copy the link but it won't let me!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lordwoody,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear your TiVo® remote control isn't behaving itself.

Please see this post here.

Let me know if there are any further problems.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I got my replacement remote today and it's actually worse than the previous one. This one won't operate the volume control at all so I have to use the TV remote to change volume. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lordwoody,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that the new remote replacement is not working as it should. 

I want to look into this for you, but first, a few questions:

Have you tuned the TiVo® remote to your specific TV using the correct code? Please see the following link for instructions on how to do this: Programming Your Remote Help Page

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
lordwoody
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It works ( the new remote), but poorly, and pretty much the same way as the previous one did. Sometimes it works, other times you have to remove the batteries or even just move the batteries in the remote, then it will work. Sometimes the TiVo box will respond to buttons pushed on either remote, sometimes not. Both the new and old remote have exactly the same problem which is making me think the box is the problem, not the remote.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lordwoody,

Thank you for getting back to me with that information. I'm sorry that you've had problems with both remotes. 

I've been able to access your account via your Forum details and have run testing to your TiVo®.

I have sent you a private message with more details regarding this issue. Please check the red envelope on the upper left side of this page.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos