Menu
Alisonjean
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Red flashing light and solid blue light

Hi, my TiVo box was working last night, switched off as usual but noticed the Internet was not working. When I got up this morning I found that the Internet was still not working, and when I tried to turn my TiVo box on, there was a blue light and a red flashing light on my box. Have researched this and tried all of the suggestions I could find such as the hdmi etc, what should I do now?
Many thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Red flashing light and solid blue light

Hi Alisonjean, 

Thanks for coming here for the first time and posting your issues, welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear about the TiVo and Broadband there, looks like you're having a problem booting up. I'd like to take a closer look but have been unable to and would need some additional information. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

In the meantime, try out our Service Status page to check any outages in the area.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alisonjean, 

Thanks for coming here for the first time and posting your issues, welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear about the TiVo and Broadband there, looks like you're having a problem booting up. I'd like to take a closer look but have been unable to and would need some additional information. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

In the meantime, try out our Service Status page to check any outages in the area.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

0 Kudos
Alisonjean
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben
Thank you for taking the time to try to help me with my problem which has thankfully been resolved and everything is running fine now,
again many thanks for offering your help.
Alison
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alison,

That's fantastic news that it's all working now Smiley Happy

Thanks for letting me know here as well, I can certainly breathe a little easier now Smiley Wink 

I hope that you enjoy your weekend and by all means, please feel free to come by and check out some other boards too, we've got all types of support, some even just about having a natter and stuff Smiley Happy

Take care .

Ben

0 Kudos
harrko
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

To Virginmedia, 

After suffering from this issue this morning, it appears to happen because there was an update to the TiVo box overnight, that could not be applied because the box was switched off. Consequently the next day, when the box is restarted it realises there is new software and initiates the update. 

This is potentially service as normal, however the issue is when the restart occurs, and the download happens there is no information on the to screen for you customer to know what is happening. The process only takes over the screen when is it restarting after the download has completed.

Your customers are only able to see the message about the downloads if the take the TVs remote and select the Tv/AV button. Unfortunately part of this message that you are downloading, states that the box should not be switched off! Considering this message is not initially visible I would suggest that as part of your TiVo process, that you box takes over the to screen prior to starting the downloading. That way you will have fewer people concerned on your websites, fewer calls to you help desk, as I suspect that with nothing on the screen people are rebooting mid-update. This small step within your update process is likely to cut down on the hassle you get when do an upgrade, as if your customers can see it is happening for a reason there is less concern that the service is not working.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi harrko

Thanks for this information, we're always looking for ways to improve the service and appreciate you taking the time to let us know.

That being said, the channel your TV turns on to when you initially turn it on is usually a setting you can update on the TV itself. Look for the manual on google if you've not still got it and that way, you'll always arrive on the TiVo channel when you turn your TV onMan Happy

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
peterking80
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here! Please can you sort asap, Virgin?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello peterking80,

Sorry to hear you were experiencing issues with your TiVo® box. I have located your account to run a couple of checks and everything looks like it's back online for you now but please let me know if there are still any problems and I'll arrange a technician to take a look at this for you.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Matthews505
Just joined
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No tv or internet flashing red light and solid blue.
0 Kudos
silver65
Joining in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Got the same problems on my ti-vo box also it keeps resetting and I am unable to update the EPG as it shows no information on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos