Menu
emailmisery
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Red button on BBC not working

Since the "new" red button services started recently, it's been terminally slow to load on my tivo. Now - nothing. Three and a half minutes after pressing the red button ( and getting the initial spinning circle of batons ) I get a message screen I've never seen before:

tivo.jpg

There's no way of activating the "try again" box, either.

Any ideas, team?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Red button on BBC not working

HI there emailmisery, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with the red button services. We were aware of an issue that was affecting customers yesterday. However this has now been resolved. 

Are you still experiencing an issue?

Apologies again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
emailmisery
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, it's back. It's still taking around 45 seconds to load, though. Is this VM or BBC? And where does the picture I posted originate, you or them?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi emailmisery,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear it's back for you now, I'm sorry for the disruption you experienced.

The image is not from us, if you have a Smart TV and use the App via the TV set instead it may be related to this rather than us?  That's just my first thought on where the image comes from.

I have taken a look at your box remotely to see what may be causing the slow response still, there are issues with the Input levels and the downstream power level.  I will arrange for an engineer to call round and fix this for you.

I will send the details in a private message for you.  Look for the  icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out