Menu
richyfaz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Red Button +

Anyone having problem with the BBC  Red Button + service on Tivo. ? When I press the Red Button it throws me out of the tv programme I am watching to a menu I am not familiar with. This has only happened since the beginning of June. Previously I could catch up on news and sport ect with a BBC programme running in the background.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
dave2660
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Red Button +

It looks like the BBC have recently updated the Red Button+ service, so the new menu that you're seeing is what it looks like now.  It's a shame that the TV channel that you're watching doesn't continue to play in the background, but some parts of the updated app work a little bit better than before.

All Replies
dave2660
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It looks like the BBC have recently updated the Red Button+ service, so the new menu that you're seeing is what it looks like now.  It's a shame that the TV channel that you're watching doesn't continue to play in the background, but some parts of the updated app work a little bit better than before.

richyfaz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I prefer the previous Red Button + format. The ' in vision' format in my opinion is better. Strangely it is still available on the bbc childrens channels 701 and 702. But who would want to watch childrens tv whilst catching up on the news and sport ect.

Considering the BBC and the Red Button Service are information providers how come I have just found out about the change ??.

Also on my Tivo box there is a message facility under the 'Home' button > 'Help and Settings' 

Maybe its me and I have missed the change update?

0 Kudos
dave2660
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

When I checked a few days ago the version of Red Button+ that I got on my Freeview TV was still the old version, but today I'm getting the new version on Freeview as well. I'm guessing that the release of this update has been staggered across the different TV platforms and Virgin Media customers just ended up getting it first.

Interestingly, the version on Freeview does still have the TV channel that you were watching in the background, although it's mostly covered up by the menus.

I'd guess that there might be some publicity about it once it's available to more people, which could be soon if it's just launched on Freeview. On a more positive note though, I'm finding that the updated BBC News app is a lot better than the old one.

0 Kudos