Menu
Pete155
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recurring Fault message

Hi. I keep getting a message which says something like "if you keep getting this message contact virginmedia or go to help/tivo". I can't find anything in the help section.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recurring Fault message

Hello Pete155,

Thanks for getting back to me and providing this information.

I have located your account to run a couple of tests on the box and I'm unable to find any issues at the moment.

What I would suggest is if this error does come back on would you be able to make a note of what it says and whether there's any error codes with it and I'll be able to investigate this further.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Pete155,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Can I just confirm where you're seeing this message, is it when you try to access the On Demand or when you change channel etc?

Also have you tried to turn the box off at the mains to see whether there's any change?

Looking forward to hearing from you

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Pete155
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose, thanks for the reply.

I have only received this message 2 or 3 times over the last couple of months, with no obvious effects from whatever is causing it. Now you ask, it does seem to come after I have been using catch-up, which is not something I do very often. I have tried recreating this by going into catch-up again but the message didn't come back.

Yes I have disconnected the power recently because the tivo locks up verey occasionally and that is the only way to clear it. But I haven't noticed any particular pattern to this. The last time I got the error message (last weekend) was since the reboot, but not at the same time.

The only problem I have noticed with the tivo's performance is that in the past few months it has started to run very slowly. It sits still for longer than it used to in between menus i.e. when selecting Home and then moving to my Favourites channel guide and then setting up a programme to record. I can live with this, but it is annoying sometimes.

My main reason for the query was to see if the error message means something important is going wrong behind the scenes.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Pete155,

Thanks for getting back to me and providing this information.

I have located your account to run a couple of tests on the box and I'm unable to find any issues at the moment.

What I would suggest is if this error does come back on would you be able to make a note of what it says and whether there's any error codes with it and I'll be able to investigate this further.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

Pete155
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rose

Ok, thanks for doing that. I'm pretty sure there weren't any codes on the error, which I thought at the time was unusual.

If it comes back I will try and get a better idea of when it happens, and the exact wording although I think what I have given you is pretty close.

Many thanks again.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos