Menu
liam_abrown
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Records cut short on home box

Hi guys,

Twice now I have setup recordings on my TiVo box. Then gone to work and decided to watch some of it at work. Come home to finish it off to find the recording has glitches up. After a random amount of time the recording just restarts back to the beginning. Does this in a loop. Why?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Records cut short on home box

You do realise that TV Anywhere isn't letting you watch your recordings at work?

It sounds as if your box has HDD or signal issues. You'll need to ring it in and get a visit arranged

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi liam_abrown,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recording isn't playing back very well.  I'll be happy to look into this for you.

As Printer_Elf has mentioned via TV Anywhere it won't  be the recording from you'r box that you're watching via the device.  

I have taken a look at your box remotely to check the signal/power levels and all looks great from here.  The hard drive also looks fine.  Has this happened on any other recordings or live channels since?

I'm here to help, so please keep me posted on how you're getting on.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
liam_abrown
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This has not happened since. I understand how the recording system works. The point I am making is I record shows often and play them back with no problems. However there have been 2 separate occasions when I have recorded a match, decided at work to watch some on another device. Got home to watch the rest of it only to find the recording has glitched up. For example it says it is 2 hours long. Gets 6 minutes in and then jumps back to the beginning! Even if I try and fast forward beyond that point the same loop continues. Like I say I've done this twice at work and both times the recording at home has glitched, said it has recorded all but gets stuck in a loop.
0 Kudos
liam_abrown
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I say this has not happened since. I mean I have not tried this again in fear it will not complete the recording at home.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi liam_abrown,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

Hopefully there won't be any further occurrences for you.

It would be ideal to create a test to see if it does so we can get to the bottom of this for you.

Could you select 2 or 3 programmes that you wouldn't normally watch to record and test it out.  If it continues let me know and we will check it out for you.

I look forward to your reply. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos