Menu
madyorky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Recordings picture freezing or pixelated

Hi,

After reading through the forum looking at post's with the same problem I have decided to post my problem and ask the support team to have a look at my TiVo box to see if there is a problem.

I have rebooted my TiVo using the menu's so I got a controlled reboot. I also deleted all unwanted recordings so I only have a few left to watch.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Was considering a complete reset from the menu options? Will this do any good?

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings picture freezing or pixelated

Hi madyorky

Welcome to the community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues at the moment. 

Are you noticing this issue occur when recording a certain channel? Or a certain show?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
madyorky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, 

channels most noticeable that have been recorded are Discovery HD. BBC1 HD , Fox HD recording around 8-10pm

I have cleared down the programs so that we have very few on the HDD

On a side note we also have started experiencing loss of sound on HD channels through my home theatre when connecting through the optical out on the TiVo box.

Is there any update on this as I have read other posts where it is a recognized issue with a recent release of firmware. 

Regards

Ian

0 Kudos
Shez879
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same problem. Frequent freezes with the Great British Bake Off. I hope there's a solution.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi madyorkie,

Thank you for your reply and for letting us know which channels are affected.

I have repeated some checks on the box and there does appear to be an issue with the hard drive.  Carrying a complete reset may help resolve this and prevent any further disruptions.  In doing this ALL recordings you have on the box will be lost and so will any suggestions, wishlist and series links.  

The process itself can take anything up to an hour so it's worth doing when the box isn't  in use.

If the fault continues then the next step would be is to arrange for an engineer to call out and resolve.

In relation to the sound drop outs via audio equipment using Optical lead, the main conversation is here.  

The first post on page 3 here will be of use to you as an alternative solution until a more permanent solution is found.

Keep me posted on how you get on with the clear and reset of the box.  I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shez879,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting freezing picture on your GBBO recordings.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you Smiley Happy

I have connected to your box remotely and all looks fine signal and power level wise.

I wasn't able to fully see the hard drive status sadly, can you please let me know if this happens on any other channels you recording from please?  Or is it just on BBC GBBO recordings?

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Please can my box be checked as well?.

I've had the recordings freezing and pixellating problem on and off for a few months & it had been a lot better - until a couple of days ago, when most recordings are now doing it, from a variety of channels.

Last night we watched a Midsomer Murders (ITV3), with a regular freeze for about 10 seconds every 3-4 minutes - pretty much as regular as clockwork. Most of the time it's not as regular as that though. After that we watched Best exotic marigold hotel (Ch4?) and it did it a few times though not to any pattern.

Today I rebooted via the switch on the back.

We've just watched an "In the night garden" (Cbeebies) and it has been freezing and pixellating randomly throughout.

I do like Tivo but I'm running out of patience with it.

Masquerada
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I too am suffering from this for the past week!

Doesnt appear to be any channel in particular and all recordings seem to be affected to the point where they are unwatchable!

Ive just about had enough, the HHD is only 26% full and I have rebooted without any success.

need help before I'm driven to bin the service off and look for an alternative!!!

0 Kudos
Shez879
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Colette,

Thank you for the response.

I can confirm the issue is still happening and I also got it on ITV HD as well.

I cannot confirm this 100% but it does seems like it's affecting only HD channels and limited to recordings, not live tv.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

We tried to watch 2 recordings last night.

1 very old one (last Christmas) from BBC1

1 from a couple of weeks ago from Alibi

The regular freezing issue was so annoying during both: Freezing for 10 seconds, then playing OK for 2-3 minutes (it seems to be getting a bit more frequent now). Also the box decided to re-boot in the middle of one of the shows, which was nice.

Please can someone at VM come back to me on this?. I've also messaged Craig - as we were disucussing the issue a few months ago.

0 Kudos