Menu
brantome
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Recordings not available

Hi, just sat down to watch a few programmes on catchup to find they hadn't recorded and only show as 'not available' in the recording hiccups screen. What does this mean and what might have caused it? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings not available

Hi Brantome

I'm sorry to learn about your set top box not recording some content, it's not something we want for you at all!

We're the few programs from different channels / times? Or were they from the same channel? 

Was the recording part of a series link? Any information you can provide regarding the content would be great.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, both were series links at the same time 21:00 last Thur 7/4, one for Line of Duty on bbc2 and the other Colony on Sky1. I didn't realise there was an issue till I went to watch them, but neither were in my recordings, just the 'not available' message in the hiccups section.
0 Kudos
G-eri
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have the exact same problem. I have eventually been able to watch Line of Duty on catch up / IPlayer but it was hard to find like last week. It is as if you are not updating BBC Iplayer as quickly as the site does because I can always find the show online.

Re Colony I cannot find this on catch up at all. I recorded the Pilot episode which worked and I really enjoyed it and so was very much looking forward to the next one but this hasn't recorded properly and weirdly only Colony the Pilot shows up in recording hiccups. 

Please, Please at least allow me to watch this on catch up. I've checked and it doesn't even seem to be repeated in the week so this will be my only way of keeping up with this series. 

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, any idea yet why this happened? Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brantome, 

Many thanks for coming back and posting your comment Smiley Happy

I would like to ask if this sort of issue has occurred again recently with that show as I can see more than a week has passed since the beginning of the post. These hiccups can happen from time to time in rare occasions, if they persist then I'd investigate this further for you.

Stay in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just checked and it appears to have been happening off and on over the past week or so, although I'm not 100% sure that I didn't delete the recording in some cases. What does the message actually mean - that I've deleted the recording and it can't recover it, that I've changed a series link and it removed that from my planned recordings, or just that it doesn't know why it's not available?

Could you run a check on my Tivo to see if there's an underlying issue - I've not missed anything so far that I haven't been able to hunt down on catchup or otherwise, but it might happen for something I did want to see and can't find elsewhere.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi brantome,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Usually the hiccup message will give a code or brief description of why the hiccup is there.  The most common reason for this is recording clashes or tuner errors.

I have taken a look at your box remotely and all looks fine and the hard drive status looks great too. 

If you go into the Hiccups folder, let me know if it states why the recording didn't happen.  This may help shed some light.

Keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
brantome
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the message was 'no longer in guide' which I should have noticed earlier, sorry. I  guess that means the guide changed between times after the series link was setup - however, I'm sure the programmes which prompted this post were on as scheduled, but their info is no  longer in the hiccup list.

I'll park this issue for now and keep an eye out for any recurrence. Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brantome,

Cheers for coming back and keeping us updated on everything going on Smiley Happy

If you do need anything in the meantime or have any burning questions please feel free to get back in touch to either of us or the team for that matter Smiley Happy

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos