Menu
mking3181
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recordings keep disappearing!

Hello all, just wondered if anyone else had this happen to them?!  I record things and occasionally they inexplicably disappear!  Its happened 3 or 4 times now, the last few times ive accused my son of deleting things but i recorded a film this afternoon, just gone to watch it and its gone.  I KNOW i recorded it because i saw it in the recording list with the red R next to it, and its not in recently deleted folder so cant have been my son, does anyone know why this has happened?  I have 65% used so its not particularly full up.  Im stumped!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings keep disappearing!

Hi mking3181,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you have some recordings going missing.  I would like to help check this out for you.

Can you please advise what your 'Default Recording Options' are?

You can check this via:

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > DEFAULT RECORDING OPTIONS

If they are not showing in the ‘Recently Deleted’ folder it's worth giving the box a reboot to refresh and see if they pop back.

I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GreggT
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have had this a few times now.

The space indicator will be on anywhere between 80-90% and then I come down in the morning and its wiped out loads of stuff that I havent put the lock on (to delete when I want to).  Nothing massive would have been recording over night either.  It's very annoying and random.

Unless of course it's those damn 'suggested' recordings that seem to be on steroids now.  Many a time it records rubbish I don't want whilst two other things are recording already.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GreggT,

Many thanks for coming into the Community and posting about the Recordings, I hope this hasn't inconvenienced you too much.

I would love to get this looked into a bit more but I've not been able to look at the account. I'll need some additional information and if you can check your 'Inbox', I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GreggT,

Thanks for sending Ben the details of your service.  I just wanted to pop by and share some information that may be useful for you.

In regards to the 'Suggestions' feature, this doesn't take up any hard drive space so this won't be causing the recordings to delete or disappear.  You can turn this feature off by following these steps: 

HOME > HELP & SETTINGS > SETTINGS > RECORDINGS > SUGGESTIONS  (How do I teach my TiVo® box what I like watching?)

Have you checked the 'Recently Deleted' folder?  It's also worth rebooting the box to see if any of the recordings come back, doesn't always work.

I also wanted to tell you about a handy tool that maybe useful for future reference so you can see what is scheduled to be deleted in advance, you can create a new folder in the 'My Shows' section.  To do this, follow these steps:

MY SHOWS > GREEN BUTTON > LEFT COLUMN > HIGHLIGHT 'GOING AWAY SOON' AND PRESS OK TO TICK THE BOX > PRESS GREEN BUTTON TO CONFIRM.

This will create a new folder in the left hand side labelled 'Going Away Soon' and you will be able to see what recordings are due to be deleted.  This may help you regain control over what's about to delete automatically.

I hope this will be useful for you.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to ask.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos