Menu
jannydee
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recordings clipped, box switches off

Hi - I've got a couple of problems with my TiVo box.

1 is recordings are clipped. Certain tv shows aren't recording right as the end is often clipped sometimes only half the show records. There's no clashes and we have padding at the beginning and end. It seems to happen more with programs on sky channels and discovery.

2nd problem is when the tv is turned off the TiVo box seems to be on. But when I turn the tv back on the TiVo box reboots. It's not just 'waking' up like its been on standby but says starting up as if the power has been off or the box reset. We use the tv remote to turn off the power to the tv not the TiVo remote. We have the TiVo box power saving off so the TiVo box should always be on.

We've only had the box installed from 6/4/16 and the engineer came and set it up. I'm quite disappointed and angry at the fact that we're having these problems quite early on.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings clipped, box switches off

Hi jannydee,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing multiple issues so early on after installation, this is not he best start we'd like to have for you.  I will be happy to help get this checked out and find out what's happening.

Firstly, regarding the recordings clipping off too early, are these recordings of live events?  Sometimes these can either run over, or if a programme is on after a live event this can cause other programmes to run over causing cut offs.

In regards to the box appearing to reboot when the TV set is turned on, can I ask that you check the leads in the back of the TV and TiVo® are all is securely?  If so, let me know and I can check further.

I'm here to help so keep me posted.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jannydee
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for your reply,
I have checked connections and all off them are secure.
I don't record live shows and I have my timings set at 1min before and 4mins after. I have also varied this to see if it helps but doesn't seem to change anything. My recordings aren't even at same times and no clashes so rly don't understand why it is happening.
Thanking you in advance :-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jannydee,

Thanks for getting back to me and for checking the leads. Smiley Happy

For the recordings cutting off early, it's worth deleting the series link and setting it up again.  This will help eliminate any errors with the series link if there are any.

In relation to the 2nd issue, I'd like to arrange for an engineer to call round as on this occasion I have found a detectable signal issue that will need fixing.  

I will pop all the details in a private message.  Look for the purple envelope icon above.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out