Menu
adelevb2010
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recordings buffering and freezing.

Hi All,

Have been experiencing this for a while. Programs I have recorded are buffering, pixels swimming and freezing. No difference between channels. Have switched off and on both at TiVo box and broadband box. No change! Any idea's?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings buffering and freezing.

If it's only on recorded broadcasts, then you likely have a faulty HDD within the box.

Ringing in is the fastest way to get this resolved.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
El_Defensor
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Must be lots of faulty HDDs then, I've had this issue with several boxes, and the latest has been in less than a month & that's doing it too!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello adelevb2010,

Welcome to the community.

As PrinterElf has already mentioned it sounds like a fault with the hard drive inside the box so I would like to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further information.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello adelevb2010,

Welcome to the community.

As PrinterElf has already mentioned it sounds like a fault with the hard drive inside the box so I would like to arrange for someone to take a look at this for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen you will see another message from me with further information.

Talk to you soon

Interesting that the response above does not include the usual, we have tested your box and found a fault, instead "it sounds like a fault with the hard drive" and, as usual, no mention of the other problem that VM refuse to discuss.

So how many of the posts regarding buffering, stuttering and freezing actually relate to HDD faults or are VM continuing to stick their heads in the sand?

Wonder if that is because the other problem has not yet been resolved and is therefore waiting to be discovered on the V6 also.

Silence is not golden.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
El_Defensor
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As mentioned previously it can't simply be a HDD problem or every box I've had (& that's plenty!) was fitted with faulty drives. Not likely is it...
0 Kudos
adelevb2010
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

All fixed, new box installed.

0 Kudos