Menu
Jimsutton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recordings - Freezing and Stuttering

I am aware that this problem has been posted about by other members, but I am finding that each of my recordings now contain a time when the picture freezes and stutters and also there is pixellating pictures as well. A possible reason may be the hard drive but can someone from Virgin test my account to see if there are any problems before the matter is progressed.

fergiet
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recordings - Freezing and Stuttering

Same issue with ours. Started to be an issue after latest software update.

0 Kudos
cbc
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes me too. I guess it could be bad sectors on the hard drive but its odd that the picture freezes, pixilates then after a delay lasting some time begins playing again.

0 Kudos
ctopping84
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have the same issues with my tivo...went through to VM 3 days ago who said there was a problem with my signal and would be resolved within 90 mins....problem with signal????..my two other non tivo boxes in the house are fine... and surprisingly the problem isn't fixed....
0 Kudos
Jimsutton
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well I was hoping that might be the case with mine, a problem with the signal that I was hoping a moderator on here could check. I don't want to go through the rigmarole of having to get a new box installed. I notice from another thread that a member who had similar problems has factory reset his box so that might be an option but that would probably mean all my series links would go.

How do you get a moderator's attention??

0 Kudos
Jimsutton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Update.

I hope I'm not tempting fate but I have now watched over a dozen recorded  programmes and have had no freezing or stuttering. I had read on a previous thread concerning the removal of the smart card which I did and I then restarted my tivo and since then I have had no problems. The tivo seems to be a bit faster too. So any other members suffering from the same problem I had may like to try this and see if it has any effect.

0 Kudos
ctopping84
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hmmmm it's a bit strange...have been doing all that over a number of weeks and no difference....we have torrential rain here and suddenly it's all good again....

Thanks anyway....
0 Kudos
Phil_C
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to tempt fate either but...

I was one of those who posted about exactly the same fault. I think I even started a thread about it. However, I haven't seen that fault for a little while now, and I haven't taken any steps at all. (I also read the post about removing the card, so I'll do that to try and quicken responses to keypresses).

A similar fault that I do get sometimes is the simple stop-start one for a minute or two. It's the one where someone posted that it occurs at around 12 minutes past the hour, but not every hour. That fault isn't so bad but the one you described is really bad - chunky pixelating, sometimes with two different scenes pixelated and mixed on-screen, jumping back and forward, etc. That one is cause to have the box replaced, or quit with TiVo altogether, because it makes it so useless as a recorder, but I haven't had it for some weeks, so, hopefully, I haven't tempted fate and it's a thing of the past.

0 Kudos