Menu
enibaba-uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recording while watching another program

Hi,

Last night I wanted to record something and watch another program which was live on another channel at the same time. I got a prompt to change the channel to the one which was being recorded or stop the recording.
I was wondering if this is normal for the Tivo box as i was under the impression that i can record 2 and watch another one at the same time.
Thank you for your help. Iam very new to the Tivo box.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording while watching another program

Hi you are quite right, I think if you had just changed the channel, obayed the box then you should have been able to go to the live programme you wanted to watch. The only time this won't apply is if you record 3 things simultaneously it must stay on one of the channels that is recording, you can watch an already recorded programme while the tivo happily records the 3 things. Regards Micky
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hmm.. that should only happen if its trying to record 3 things. might be worth having a look back to see if it was recording something you were not aware of.

fist101
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

get new V6, well worth it, records 6 channels and if you use on demand you will be amazed at the speed STB responds, made up with mine, best thing VM has brought out.

All Replies
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi you are quite right, I think if you had just changed the channel, obayed the box then you should have been able to go to the live programme you wanted to watch. The only time this won't apply is if you record 3 things simultaneously it must stay on one of the channels that is recording, you can watch an already recorded programme while the tivo happily records the 3 things. Regards Micky
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hmm.. that should only happen if its trying to record 3 things. might be worth having a look back to see if it was recording something you were not aware of.

enibaba-uk
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to respond! I have checked and as it turns out Tivo was recording things based on my key words/actors at the same time which i didnt realise. That would explain it.

Thank you both.
Annie
0 Kudos
fist101
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

get new V6, well worth it, records 6 channels and if you use on demand you will be amazed at the speed STB responds, made up with mine, best thing VM has brought out.