Menu
Stephd1234
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recording to series on TiVo

Does anyone know how to record a specific series on TiVo box without recording other series. I have just got into a to show and want to record older episodes first before the newer ones and don't want box filled up with newer episodes. Thansk
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording to series on TiVo

If all the series (old and new) are on the same channel, then there isn't a way. You can only specify 'new only' as a filter.

If the old and new series are on different channels, then you just need to set the series link for the one channel.

Otherwise you will have to record everything and watch the disk fill up as you record later episodes whilst waiting for the one you want (been there, bought that t-shirt Smiley Mad)

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (2)
stevef
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a bit of a hassle but if the show had different actors in each series then what I used to do is setup a wish list for the show with the actor either included or excluded, if it had the same actors for the entire show then I don't know a way.

All Replies
Argy
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If all the series (old and new) are on the same channel, then there isn't a way. You can only specify 'new only' as a filter.

If the old and new series are on different channels, then you just need to set the series link for the one channel.

Otherwise you will have to record everything and watch the disk fill up as you record later episodes whilst waiting for the one you want (been there, bought that t-shirt Smiley Mad)

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (2)
stevef
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It's a bit of a hassle but if the show had different actors in each series then what I used to do is setup a wish list for the show with the actor either included or excluded, if it had the same actors for the entire show then I don't know a way.