Menu
lestergit
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recording saved programmes from TIVO

In the past I have transferred recorded programmes to DVD by using a scart to scart lead from TiVo to a DVD recorder. My DVD has packed up so I am looking for a DVD/BLue Ray recorder that will do the same. There doesn't seem to be any on the market with a scart input. Most seem to have hdmi outputs, with no inputs. Has anyone had this problem and resolved it? I am looking at upgrading to V6 and do not want to lose my recorded programmes.

0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording saved programmes from TIVO

0 Kudos
lestergit
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Steelysteph, yes that would do but it is very old technology. I was hoping that there would be something more up to date that would do the job.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have no legal right t do this, and that's probably why there is no hardware to do this

0 Kudos
lestergit
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Dannylau, there is hardware to do this. The TiVo has a scart output, all you need is a scart input on a DVD recorder. I had this until my, fairly new, DVD recorder broke down. New DVD recorders are restricted with input sockets. I think it is only illegal if you distribute the content, not necessarily if you record for personal use, otherwise you wouldn't be able to record anything. I only need this facility so that I don't lose my TiVo recordings when I move to V6.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's all designed for time-shifting (which is legal), rather than archiving (less so). Which is why you're struggling to find a DVD recorder which record from SCART.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos