Menu
maffsaints
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Recording's Freezing

Hi, every program we record ALL freeze every couple of minutes, I have Rebooted my TiVo box 3 time's, and still NO joy, Can someone HELP PLEASE....!!!!

0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording's Freezing

Same here. It used to be occasional but for the last few days has been every recording and freezes for 10 seconds or so every 3-4 minutes. It's driving us crazy.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi maffsaints

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm massively sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment. 

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you, we're seeing some problems being detected and I can see you've arranged for an engineer to come and take a closer look, which is great. 

I'd love to hear how you get on. We'll be here if you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
maffsaints
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, an Engineer came out and checked the Box, and said it was Faulty, So He exchanged the Box for a new one, All sorted now..😃
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey maffsaints

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really glad to hear that it's been sorted.

If you need any assistance with your services in the future you know where to find us, enjoy being able to record your shows again!

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Maah01
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Also having the same issue.

Only a problem with recordings or when watching paused TV. The TIVO also rebooted itself last night.

Have tried rebooting on several occasions, but even the reboot is getting slower (took over 20 minutes this morning).

Although watching Live TV is fine, it does seem slower in changing channels and accessing menu functions.

I suspect that there is a hard disk issue. If a replacement unit is required, is there any way to transfer the existing recordings? I have a number of programs recorded that I haven't watched yet.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just had a new box for this very issue & all fine now on playback - and much quicker navigation. All fine now but no, there's no way of saving your recordings I'm afraid.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maah01,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your TiVo® recordings and rebooting the box.

I'd like to look into this further for you, but I'm unable to access your account via your Forum details.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos