Menu
Mattykool2014
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Recording programmes that move timeslot

Wonder if theres anyone who can clear up an issue for me . Im a huge wrestling fan , and have wwe raw set up on a series link to record as i cannot watch it live , due to it being on so late at night . However due to it being on a sports channel , the scheduling sometimes gets moved about and episodes dont get recorded even though there on series link l is there any options notifications i can activate to inform me of a schedule change , so i dont miss my show ? 

Thanks 

matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording programmes that move timeslot

Then in that case you would definitely be better off with a wishlist search for say 'wwe' and 'raw', this would then record every time these parameters are met, regardless of what channel they are on.

This is a massive benefit over just a series link which as you are aware only records the series on the channel it was originally set up for.

All Replies
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mattykool2014

Unfortunately there isn't on Tivo, it does not have a dynamic EPG (One that changes in real time as programmes get delayed or changed).

Not ideal but all you can do is add some padding to the end of each recording for when earlier programmes overrun etc however this is not ideal.

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why it has decided to display like this either, I tried editing it and it looks fine until it is posted....

0 Kudos
Mattykool2014
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ahh thats a pain definitely something id like as an upgrade in future tivos . Its just frustrating when nothing even tells you when it changes channel . To combat this ive just set up series links every time the show changes channel . Its not ideal but. It covers me . Thanks again for your help .  I will advise my dad to do the same as he experiences  the same problem with some of the early morning fishing programmes shown on sky ,  

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If its to cover channel changes and not just delays then you would be better off setting up a wishlist search for it instead.  That way it records every matching episode regardless of what channel it is on...

Mattykool2014
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it is just when channell changes occur im loosing snows . Thanks for the help . 

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Then in that case you would definitely be better off with a wishlist search for say 'wwe' and 'raw', this would then record every time these parameters are met, regardless of what channel they are on.

This is a massive benefit over just a series link which as you are aware only records the series on the channel it was originally set up for.

pinkywoo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I found a similar thing happened last night. I had set the TIVO to record Gardener's World on series link. Last week, they did say it would be on an hour later, but on the same channel, because of the tennis. I assumed the TIVO would pick this up but it didn't. It recorded half an hour of the tennis.

0 Kudos
Xian
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How odd - my series link [ch108] recorded GW correctly.
0 Kudos