Menu
dwjw68
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recording out from Tivo Box Scart

Hi there,

Is it possible to record out from the Scart socket on the Tivo box via a Scart to Component lead, or is it just Scart to Composite, which isn't as good quality.

My recording device has component in.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording out from Tivo Box Scart

while I've only used full scart to scart I see no reason why TiVo Inc. would use less than the full scart specification (and I believe they went with full scart on the original S1 TiVo model). - only 2 edits to get this last sentence reading correctly Smiley Sad

don't suppose you can test scart to yellow/video + audio left and right (if your recorder carries it) and compare it to your composite cabling?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you should have posted last week, I've just dumped a metric ton of various scart kit Smiley Happy

at least you shouldn't have to pay too much - ebay usually has a fair selection going cheap.

0 Kudos

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

while I've only used full scart to scart I see no reason why TiVo Inc. would use less than the full scart specification (and I believe they went with full scart on the original S1 TiVo model). - only 2 edits to get this last sentence reading correctly Smiley Sad

don't suppose you can test scart to yellow/video + audio left and right (if your recorder carries it) and compare it to your composite cabling?

0 Kudos
dwjw68
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks sjp123,

I don't have the right combination leads to do that although I think what I will do is buy a Scart to Composite adapter, (there is also Composite input on the recorder)  which should work and then maybe risk buying the Scart to Component lead...and then cross fingers.

Thanks again for your reply,

David

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you should have posted last week, I've just dumped a metric ton of various scart kit Smiley Happy

at least you shouldn't have to pay too much - ebay usually has a fair selection going cheap.

0 Kudos