Menu
Joyce3
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recording match choice on Sky match of the day

why can't I record my individual match choice on Sky Sports match of the day Saturday night? With Red Button,   I get a choice of matches but when selected, I can't find any way of recording it!  

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording match choice on Sky match of the day

How Sky and Virgin Media deliver the Red Button on Sky Sports is technically different. It's not possible to record from the Sky Red Button on Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The forum team will find the answer as they know the reason are you subscribed to sky sports and the red button isn't working on any matches and you can't record it's properly not allowing the button to record the match for whatever the reason team will be intouch soon could be issue with service jonni
0 Kudos
Joyce3
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes!  I have a Sky Sports subscription.  Have an "everything subscription" actually.  Husband is screaming "why did we change over from Sky if I can't choose and RECORD my choice of match to watch when I want too?"  Seems a reasonable request to me, Sky can do no problem.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How Sky and Virgin Media deliver the Red Button on Sky Sports is technically different. It's not possible to record from the Sky Red Button on Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Joyce3
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your honest helpful reply.  Will sadly have to "put up with the situation" as although Virgin seem to be second to Sky in their TV service, their broadband is fantastic(over 200 hard wired, average 70+ wireless) compared to my 1.7mbs MAX with BT/Sky.  So it has to be Virgin for me ;o)

0 Kudos
mazzz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This is only one of many things that will annoy you with Virgin, Try watching on demand sky channels is almost impossible when you want to you have to wait days on end, Our problem with sky was not broadband as we don't use it that much ie gaming heavy streaming etc but having been with them for over 12 years we requested a new box as ours kept constantly crashing freezing and had to keep switching it off, every time an engineer came out ""you guessed it was normal. Virgins similar package was about the same in price but obviously all new equipment so went ahead. They did not however tell us ITV hub doesn't work nor 4 on demand like it does with Sky everything is hopeless catch up last 7 days but half the time there is issues so you miss everything..The difference though in every aspect is so behind sky it really raises your stress levels to the point of wanting to launch it through the window some days lol. Just have to wait till next September when we will be classed as a "New Customer" to get at least the sky Q box which is by far superior to Virgin plus the other free benefits they ONLY offer NEW not Loyal customers.

0 Kudos
Joyce3
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately Sky could offer me everything for free and I would have to refuse it!  With a BT line and absolutely no fibre in sight for the foreseeable future, there would be no such thing for me as catch up or even YouTube, without constant buffering. Also downloading a HD movie would take a fortnight lol with my MAX 1.7Mb connection.  Don't use catch up much, don't watch a lot of tele to be honest, but love that I can now watch BBC iPlayer on my iPad in HD no problem.  Internet my No.1 priority.   I do agree for TV Sky wins over Virgin.  Such is life ;o)

0 Kudos