Menu
kdbcom
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recording in HD

HI I'm a newbie to the community

Does any know of a way to stop the VM box from recording in HD.

Since the latest update it appears that, for example I set it to record a program on say Channel 5 which is 105 it records that program from Channel 5 HD which is 150.

This is very annoying as the HD recording takes up much more disk space than the normal one & for most programs I watch HD is not necessary.

In the series links option the option to change is usually "greyed out" ie not changeable.

If I don't want HD I don't see that I should be forced to record it .

Your comments would be welcome thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Matt-09
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording in HD

Home -- help & settings -- settings -- recordings -- series link and recording options -- get in hd

Change this from 'if possible' to 'never'
This applies to all new recordings and series links
Bear in mind if the series is only available in HD and you have set a series link, the show will not record.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also, you can change that option in existing series links via My Shows & Recordings > Manage Series Link+ and then by choosing the Series Link+ you want to amend.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Matt-09
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Home -- help & settings -- settings -- recordings -- series link and recording options -- get in hd

Change this from 'if possible' to 'never'
This applies to all new recordings and series links
Bear in mind if the series is only available in HD and you have set a series link, the show will not record.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also, you can change that option in existing series links via My Shows & Recordings > Manage Series Link+ and then by choosing the Series Link+ you want to amend.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
kdbcom
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Problem Solved

Thanks for your help guys

Now if only the box would speed up LOL

0 Kudos
Cathrynwalton75
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi I changed the setting under Home, My Shows and Recordings but if I try to set up a series link, even starting from the TV Guide on a non-HD channel it defaults to in HD if possible and this is greyed out so I can't change it. Any ideas?  I've checked and the change I made to default settings is definitely saved as Never.  Just keeps forcing me to record certain things in HD so fills up my box

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Cathrynwalton75,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I think this might be to do with the settings of the series link so I have added a link here which should explain it in a bit more detail.

This will show you how to set it up to record from one particular channel or multiple channels and prevent it from recording in HD.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you're still experiencing any issues.

kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
claytonfrag
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, ive been trying to work this too. if the show is available and you choose from the list, the option for "never HD" comes up.. 

On the manual wishlist, there is no option, plus you dont know what channel the program is going to come up on...

Like people have said, the HD programs take up so much room.. 

0 Kudos