Menu
Jfarrer
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Recording freezing when watched

When watching recorded programmes the programme keeps freezing and then the box crashes and takes ages to restart.

Any ideas ?
0 Kudos
Silverlight
Settling in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording freezing when watched

Experience same issues, engineer comes out works for couple days, the rubbish again... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jfarrer, 

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm really sorry to hear that your recordings are freezing and causing the TiVo® to restart. 

I've run some testing on your TiVo® and can see that it is reporting a faulty hard drive, so I'd like to arrange for a technician to call out and investigate further. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things moving for you, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

P.S. It's very likely that the engineer will swap the TiVo® for a different one, whilst we are unable to save any of the recordings, there are things like series links, wish lists etc that we are able to back up. Why not check out http://virg.co/boxswap to learn how to back up some of the settings you already have.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jfarrer
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Huw

Now box in, however when I tried to follow the copy instruction from the Manage my Tivio, it doesn't appear

Can you advise please

Thanks

John
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there John, 

Thank you for letting me know that the box was swapped out. 

It does depend on when you tried the copy details, as this may take a little time in order for the new box to appear. The old box should stay in the options for about 8 days. 

Could you please try this again and let me know how it all goes. 

Cheers, 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jfarrer
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Huw

Still no luck. 

When i select Manage my Tivio, i don't get the option to copy, however i do have an option called My Tivio Boxes. However when i select this i just get an "unknown error" message

John

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

This is very strange. I would have to ask if you signed in using your primary email address, rather than a secondary one, as this may explain it. 

I've just tried to replicate the error using my own account, and when I click on "My TiVo" boxes I am given the two boxes I have in my home. 

Please let me know

Huw

0 Kudos
Jfarrer
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Huw

Now logged in with and mail address and can access My Tivio boxes, but can only see one box DV5630. I am assuming that this is the new one as it states that its active. 

Still no option to copy setting though!

John

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

I'm really sorry to hear this, it certainly sounds like the option to copy is no longer available, as you would need to see two boxes, one would be active, and the other as inactive. 

I know when I had my TiVo® changed the option was there for some time, but that may have been because I copied the settings before the technician called out it allowed me to do this as I already have two TiVo® boxes.

Apologies again

Huw 

0 Kudos
Jfarrer
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Huw

Never mind, however the most frustrating part has been dealing with the call centre. I have to say that having to speak so slowly to somebody because they lacked nothing more that a basic command of English was appalling. I ended up going through to the service cancellation line, Virgin really need to look at such an dreadful service.

However, many thanks for your efforts
0 Kudos