Menu
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recording clash with previous programme on same channel

I've just been unable to set a programme to record because of three programmes already set to record, one of which was the previous programme on the same channel. I'm puzzled by this, because I thought that was an issue in the past which was fixed some time ago - a software update made it so the overlapped bit could be recorded once, by one tuner, but function as part of both 'recordings'?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording clash with previous programme on same channel

Yes you're right, this should work. I know this could be "sucking eggs", but are you sure you're not recording one program in SD and the other in HD - thus inadvertently using 2 tuners? Otherwise a box reboot or cancelling one of the recordings to set them in a different order, has been known to fix things like this.

If not, it could be helpful to post details of the programs you're trying to record - then others (or indeed VM support) may be able to attempt to replicate it.

Jon.

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It does occasionally seem to do this. What I do is I swap the very top 2 series links (i.e. at position 1 and 2) and then leave it for a few minutes while it "rebuilds" the planned schedule. In my experience this seems to fix the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B

All Replies
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes you're right, this should work. I know this could be "sucking eggs", but are you sure you're not recording one program in SD and the other in HD - thus inadvertently using 2 tuners? Otherwise a box reboot or cancelling one of the recordings to set them in a different order, has been known to fix things like this.

If not, it could be helpful to post details of the programs you're trying to record - then others (or indeed VM support) may be able to attempt to replicate it.

Jon.

G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It does occasionally seem to do this. What I do is I swap the very top 2 series links (i.e. at position 1 and 2) and then leave it for a few minutes while it "rebuilds" the planned schedule. In my experience this seems to fix the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
scatterkeir
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah yes, I think I'll try that first if it happens again, i've done that before to force the schedule to rebuild after cancelling some recordings (there are plenty of shows I watch that are shown in such a haphazard way that I keep note of which episodes I've seen and cancel ones I know I've seen, so I cancel a lot of planned recordings).

0 Kudos