Menu
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recording a series

My preset recording of a series is now diverting me to BBC iPlayer for the episode that it should have recorded on Tivo, I have watched the previous shows without the need to wait for the pregnant pause while i Player kicks in....................so why now ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording a series

Bruv wrote:

My preset recording of a series is now diverting me to BBC iPlayer for the episode that it should have recorded on Tivo, I have watched the previous shows without the need to wait for the pregnant pause while i Player kicks in....................so why now ?

You probably have Recording and streaming videos set. I have noticed that, with this setting on, some shows are available through iPlayer before being broadcast so can be watched that way.

If you only want recordings then change the setting to Recordings only. You can also change the global default so that all future series links are set to Recordings only but you will have to manually change any current links.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would think that for some reason the recording failed (you can check in "Recording Hiccups" to see why) and that the Series Link is set to "Recordings and On Demand" so the box is falling back to getting the show from iPlayer.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Bruv wrote:

You probably have Recording and streaming videos set. I have noticed that, with this setting on, some shows are available through iPlayer before being broadcast so can be watched that way.

If you only want recordings then change the setting to Recordings only. You can also change the global default so that all future series links are set to Recordings only but you will have to manually change any current links.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Bruv
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have reset to recording only thanks, now I have lost the show I had wanted to watch. I will have to go to i Player now anyway.....no worries.

Strange alternatives, why would you want or need to record......or watch on i Player ?... when you can watch on i Player anyway ?

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bruv wrote:

I have reset to recording only thanks, now I have lost the show I had wanted to watch. I will have to go to i Player now anyway.....no worries.

Strange alternatives, why would you want or need to record......or watch on i Player ?... when you can watch on i Player anyway ?

It is a question of preferences. My default is set to Recordings only and this is the primary method I use for any programmes I want to watch. I use iPlayer only occasionally and I doubt if I access any other channels on demand.

¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos