Menu
JaneBlows
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Recording a programme I am watching.

Is there any way I can record a programme I am watching from this point forward? Currently pressing record seems to record the whole thing. Even if I switch channels and then go back to it, it records retrospectively.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recording a programme I am watching.

When the box is on the tuners in the box each have a buffer of the channel of the channel they're tuned to.

If you then choose to record a show, then your box will add any of the show that exists in the buffer to the recording automatically.

You can't turn this off, but how much of the show before you press record you get depends on the buffer. Sometimes it'll be all of the show if the tuner has been on that channel for long enough, but if the tuner has only just gone on to that channel then you'll only get the show from the point it changed over.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When the box is on the tuners in the box each have a buffer of the channel of the channel they're tuned to.

If you then choose to record a show, then your box will add any of the show that exists in the buffer to the recording automatically.

You can't turn this off, but how much of the show before you press record you get depends on the buffer. Sometimes it'll be all of the show if the tuner has been on that channel for long enough, but if the tuner has only just gone on to that channel then you'll only get the show from the point it changed over.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

...and, of course, having watched the first part of the program live, it will be in the buffer.

All you can do is ensure that all tuners are not on the channel you are watching live so its buffer is purged and then swap back to it before you then press record.

0 Kudos