Menu
gill226
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Recording Indian Dramas on TIVO

I'm having problems with recording Indian dramas. When I put on a series link there are three episodes recorded every day, even when the setting is to record new only. Its doesnt seem to be a very good or easy to use system and I have to say it is much inferior to the sky guide. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording Indian Dramas on TIVO

Not sure exactly what you're trying to record but with some programs on shall we say some less used channels the to guide info tends to be generic so the TiVo can't know what are new programs or re runs. You could try easing the guide people tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk. They may correct it. Or set up a manual recording?

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Most of mine is same. Even channel 5. Sony channels ok one day not next. Documentaty channels bad.

0 Kudos
gill226
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Overall I find it very poor. If Sky can do it for every channel then theres no excuse for Virgin Media not to have the same. I pay to watch these channels, they are not free! There should be no such thing as a Major and Minor channel.

sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

lets see if this email address survives the censors... TivoGuideErrors@virginmedia.co.uk

try mailing them with channel, programme details etc and see if they can chase up the channels who provide the data to the epg folks.

Sky use a different system, the channels pay Sky to be on their epg so it's up to the channels to update their own listings, VM/TiVo need the channels to provide epg data to Tribune who then make it TiVo friendly for updating to our boxes.

of course, none of this makes any difference to you as an end user but if you mail the errors address you might get a result.

0 Kudos
gill226
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately,  I've already tried emailing. No response and the errors remain. I even details actual programmes and times.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

repeating Manual Recording for the channel/time slot/programme length? Not ideal but it'll do the job.

0 Kudos