Menu
DaveU1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Recording Hiccups: No longer in Guide

Hello There,

I've recently noticed a problem with programs not being recorded and when I look in "Recording Hiccups" it says "Title not available" and "No longer in the Guide". When I scroll back through the guide to the time that the programs were meant to have been recorded then they are shown there as expected. 

This has happened four or five times in the past few weeks and I've not been aware of it happening ever before. It's happened with programs recorded from BBC 1HD, ITV HD and Channel 4HD.

Last night I restarted the Tivo box so it will be interesting to see if the problem re-occurs.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it a known issue?

Thanks for any help,

Dave

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recording Hiccups: No longer in Guide

Hello DaveU1,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with your TiVo® recordings.

Those messages you saw in Recording Hiccups indicate that there may of been an issue with the TV Guide at the time of the recording.

Can you try something for me please if you haven't already, could you go to -

Home - Help & Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media Service Now.

You will then see another screen pop up which will go through different stages, you don't need to keep this on your screen so if you press the TV button at the top right of your Virgin remote it will remove everything off the screen and then it will continue to work in the background.

This procedure will basically make sure that your TV guide is up to date and hopefully stop this issue from happening again but please know if it does especially after the reboot. Also again if you haven't already can you ensure all cables are secure at the back of your TiVo® box

Let me know how you get on

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

FatSam
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue as DaveU1. Programmes on Series Link, Recording Hiccups says 'No longer in guide', I go to the guide and the programmes are there.

On both occasions it's happened we were away. Could it be that if the box was left on it goes into 'sleep' mode and therefore doesn't activate the guide or the recording?

Another issue is that when I came back after being away a few days and switched the box on, Recording Hiccups listed about 20 programmes all starting within 2 mins of eachother. All were labelled 'Can recover'. None of these are programmes that I planned to record so can only think they are Suggestions.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello FatSam,

Sorry to hear you're also experiencing this issue with your TiVo® recordings.

The TiVo® will still record providing the box has power so it's strange that you received those errors while you were away. Have you experienced any problems with live channels?

Regarding suggestions, if you did not set them yourself then they're more than likely Suggestions and you can turn this off if you don't feel that the recordings are relevant to you or you if you're finding this is happening quite frequently.

You can do this by going to -

Home - Help & Settings - Settings - Recordings - Suggestions - No, don't record Suggestions

Please let me know how you get on.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DaveU1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rose and thanks for getting back to me.

I rebooted the Tivo box a few days ago and since then I haven't noticed the error again even though I've recorded five or six programs on various channels.

That said I'll still give your suggestion to reconnect to the VM network a whirl ..... it can't do any harm and might just frighten my naughty Tivo box into submission.

Should the TV guide not be updated automatically on a regular basis by the box itself though?

Thanks again,

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave,

I'm glad to hear that everything has been working how it should for you since the reboot.

Yes that's right as long as the TiVo® is left in standby overnight then it will do its own connections to ensure the TV Guide is up to date but with that message you had received in connection with the failed recordings I thought it might be a good idea just to do a manual forced connection, it certainly wouldn't do any harm like you said.

Again if you have any further queries just let me know I'm here to help.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

Jude2
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I woke this morning to find that all 4 programs that I set to record last night, haven't recorded.  On Recording Hiccups all 4 programs show as no longer in guide, and have been set to record on another day.  But when I go back onto the guide all 4 shows are still in the tv guide.

I have checked the Network settings and all updates show as successful.  Anyone with any ideas or help??

0 Kudos
Will-i-ams
Tuning in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yup I'm getting the same problem too. I first noticed at the weekend, BT Sport 2HD failed to record all my series links over Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Then BBC1HD failed to record a series link on Monday evening, giving the "no longer in TV guide" reason.

Have since cleared programme info and planned recordings in the reset tivo box menu and have reconnected to virgin media services in the network menu.

Hopefully this fixes the issue, I'll post back if I'm still getting problems or not.

As an aside, I have noticed that the UI has been even more clunky and unresponsive than usual (who'd have thought that was possible!), since there have been some changes or updates ie channel selection in orange text rather than white and different menus in catch-up/on demand section. I don't know if the update is to blame but I thought I'd mention it.
0 Kudos
DaveU1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jude ...... Now there's a good song title if ever I heard one 😀

One obvious thing to try might be to disconnect your TiVo box from the mains, wait a minute or two and then power it back up again?

0 Kudos
Jude2
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I'll try that. 

I have noticed another thread on the community.  That could also explain it.  I tried recording will my TiVo box was on stand by, and there seems to be a common fault at the moment with programs set for recording, not being recorded while the box is in standby.  Hope they fix it soon, don't want to keep my TiVo on continuiously just to record programs, and waste electric.

0 Kudos