Menu
4ndy52
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recorded programmes auto delete

On last sunday all our recorded programmes not protected have deleted en masse. At since then each day's new programmes have deleted overnight.

Any ideas

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recorded programmes auto delete

Hi 4ndy52,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings are deleting.  I'll be happy to help figure this out with you.

There are a couple of things that come to mind.  It's worth checking your series link options for your recordings.  Things to look for are:

*  Keep at Most (If it is set to 10 for example, it may delete some episodes if it's recorded a few more)

*  Keep Until.

*  Is there anything in the Deleted folder?  If so, hopefully the programmes can be recovered.

I hope these help, let me know how you get on.  I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

4ndy52 wrote:

Hi Collette thanks.  It only deleted every recording that wasn't protected including everything in recently deleted.

The machine went from 80% full to 43% full overnight.  I know about protecting recordings and adjusting series links.  It just seemed to be a blip and I wondered if my machine or fault at Virgins end when running the system updates etc.  No one else obviously reporting it.  I will try recording a few things I'm not bothered about losing and leaving them unprotected. If machine not full they should remain if no problems.  If they disappear then somethings wrong somewhere.

There are loads of issues with Tivo boxes deleting stuff either randomly or chunks of programs.  It will not be your box at fault but one of the many bugs in the Tivo software causing it to happen.  They have been investigating it for a long time now with apparently no luck in finding a solution.

I have had it delete random recordings ever since I got my box when they were originally released.  There has been a significant increase in the number reporting similar things to you in the past 9 months so it is obviously a bug that is getting worse.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi 4ndy52,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that your recordings are deleting.  I'll be happy to help figure this out with you.

There are a couple of things that come to mind.  It's worth checking your series link options for your recordings.  Things to look for are:

*  Keep at Most (If it is set to 10 for example, it may delete some episodes if it's recorded a few more)

*  Keep Until.

*  Is there anything in the Deleted folder?  If so, hopefully the programmes can be recovered.

I hope these help, let me know how you get on.  I'm here to help if you need me Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
4ndy52
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette thanks.  It only deleted every recording that wasn't protected including everything in recently deleted.

The machine went from 80% full to 43% full overnight.  I know about protecting recordings and adjusting series links.  It just seemed to be a blip and I wondered if my machine or fault at Virgins end when running the system updates etc.  No one else obviously reporting it.  I will try recording a few things I'm not bothered about losing and leaving them unprotected. If machine not full they should remain if no problems.  If they disappear then somethings wrong somewhere.

0 Kudos
mbonnick
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

4ndy52 wrote:

There are loads of issues with Tivo boxes deleting stuff either randomly or chunks of programs.  It will not be your box at fault but one of the many bugs in the Tivo software causing it to happen.  They have been investigating it for a long time now with apparently no luck in finding a solution.

I have had it delete random recordings ever since I got my box when they were originally released.  There has been a significant increase in the number reporting similar things to you in the past 9 months so it is obviously a bug that is getting worse.