Menu
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recorded programme plays back from iPlayer

Only one programme so far, but it is really annoying.  iPlayer takes ages to start, and fast forward and rewind is hopeless as it doesn't show where you are.  I did wonder if it was an 'enhancement' to get round programme clashes, but setting something last night I got the same clash warning as previously so it doesn't seem to be that.

Single programmes are now being put into folders, so after watching a programme we press stop and delete it, only to find the empty folder is still in the main list.  Annoying.

As many others are complaining the box has got very slow in the last few weeks, reboot made no difference.

New hub 3 seems very iffy booting-up, takes ages, sometimes need everything switched off and back on again.  After good service for many years it's starting to go downhill.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recorded programme plays back from iPlayer

My Shows & Recordings > Manage Series Link+ and find the SL+ in question.

Modify options > first line - I'm guessing it states Recordings & streaming - change to Recordings only if you only want recordings and not offerings from iPlayer (in this case), Netflix or any of the other streaming services that feed into Streaming videos.

All Replies
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

your top 2 paragraphs suggest that the SL+ in question is set to "recordings and streaming"

0 Kudos
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sjp123 wrote:

your top 2 paragraphs suggest that the SL+ in question is set to "recordings and streaming"

If it is it's nothing we have done.  What's the alternative and where is it set?

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Modify options > first line - I'm guessing it states Recordings & streaming - change to Recordings only if you only want recordings and not offerings from iPlayer (in this case), Netflix or any of the other streaming services that feed into Streaming videos.

PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sjp123 wrote:

Spot-on, thanks!

0 Kudos
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

By the way.  All my recorded programmes show 'Recordings and Streaming', but only that one has been affected, including other BBC programmes.

I checked the settings for all programmes, and that was also 'Recordings and Streaming', so I changed that to Recordings only as well.

Still a mystery.

0 Kudos