Menu
4Dyce
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recorded program pause length and run time memory issues

Hi, I have had my Tivo box for about 2 weeks now after leaving Sky and I am having a couple of issues with the box and I hope someone out there can help.

Firstly. When I watch a recorded program and need to pause it for some reason it'll only stay paused for what feels like 5 minuets then it will quit the program and that brings us on to issue two. When a recorded program is stopped it doesn't remember where I left off which means I have to fast forward every time to get back to where I was.

Now surely I am not the only person to have this issue and I bet there is an easy way to fix this but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Does someone know how to fix this? 

Cheers in advance,

4Dyce

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
tweetiepooh
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recorded program pause length and run time memory issues

The TiVo should remember where it left off.  I use that all the time.  Return to your recordings and you can resume playing or start again.  Just highlight the programme you want and press PLAY.

Have fun

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got. Jim Elliot

I work for Virgin Media but respond here on an individual basis. No comment or assistance offered is done in any official capacity.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 4Dyce,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today with the Pause function.  Are you pausing the recording when the programme is Live or when it's playing back after being recorded?

Also, has any other recordings started at the time this occurred?  It may be other recordings have started and may have occupied all the available tuners which may be contributing to this issue.

I wanted to pop this here in case it may be useful for you: Discover TiVo®.

Let me know how you're getting on, we're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

4Dyce wrote:

When a recorded program is stopped it doesn't remember where I left off which means I have to fast forward every time to get back to where I was.

Does this happen on all recordings? When you notice it again can you see if you are playing back an existing completed recording or whether you were watching a recording that was still in progress.

If you were watching a recording that was still in progress which "forgot" where it was when you pressed stop (and attempted to resume) can you report when you stopped playback whether it was still recording or whether it had finished.

Finally can you report the software version you are on as you may be in a pilot area that has the very latest version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos