Menu
Dobbin_the_Mule
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recorded items on TiVo not playing

Items recorded on TiVo from BBC 4 (Beck) which we have watched already now will not play. Instead, the message appears: 

"Error playing a recording. The TiVo box was not able to record this programme because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive."

Both statements untrue. We receive the channel, it works fine. We have already recorded and watched these items. But now they won't play. Most other recordings on other channels are fine. There is a problem recording on Film 4. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recorded items on TiVo not playing

Hi Dobbin_the_mule

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TiVo service at the moment.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end for you. We're not detecting any issues with the box or the hard drive at the moment though.

What issues have you noticed with recorded content on Film 4? Are you having problems in recording other programs from BBC 4?

Apologies again for the inconvenience, we're looking forward to getting this resolved.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dobbin_the_Mule
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The problem now seems confined to recorded items on BBC4, namely episodes of the series Beck. We have recorded and watched these and kept them on the system to watch again. But now, when we try to access them, we get this message: 

"Error playing a recording. The TiVo box was not able to record this programme because there was no video signal on the channel. You may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive."

Two more recently recorded episodes appear to be working fine and we have been able to keep them and watch them again. But the earlier episodes are no longer available for the reason given above. 

I have also noticed that in general the TIVO is much slower to respond than before the so-called "upgrade" for most other functions. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dobbin_the_Mule Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting your message back to us in the Community Smiley Happy

I am sorry to read that there's been some issues whilst trying to review previous recordings, i have been into the TiVo and whilst I've not found anything detectable right now, there are some issues in the home that would require an engineer.

Any broadband you may have in the home isn't going well and would need adjusting. If you can have a little look inside your 'Inbox', you'll see I've sent you a 'Private Message'. You can find this at the top right of the page, purple envelope Smiley Happy

Speak soon.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos