Menu
FattusMannus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Recorded TV playback is corrupted

Often after a recording a programme, when watching it back, the playback will jerk, pause or become pixelated,

The problem appears to be getting worse, it used to do this and skip around 1 second of the programme, now the pause can be up to a minute of delay before continuing - annoying as you either cant see the picture through pixelation or because the playback hangs and then recovers, missing the intervening time.

Do I need a new box? Sounds like it could be a harddrive failure?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recorded TV playback is corrupted

It does indeed sound like a dead/dying HDD. 

What did the Faults team say when you talked to them?

You'll get an immediate response if you give them a ring on 150 (from 08:00 until midnight, every day), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of this page to initiate a live chat (from 08:00 until 20:00, Monday to Saturday)

This is primarily a user community forum and while the VM forum team do endeavour to read and, where appropriate, respond to every thread, it can take them a few days to wade through the volume of posts. So for an technical issue, which this seems to be, your best line of inquiry is through the Faults team via the methods above.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Beemer
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you use an optical connection to an audio amplifier?  One of the Tivo software updates caused a rapid toggling of the audio sp/if and hdmi sound systems which only manifested during program guide operation and My recording playback.   It affected Samsung manufactured Tivo boxes and could only be fixed  by buying a £17 hdmi-to-phono breakout box.    I and others here bought these and it fixed the problem.  Downside is that true surround sound is not available as the phoo output of the box is stereo.

Ian 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello FattusMannus,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your recordings, I have located your account and I can see a technician has been booked so please let me know if you're still experiencing any problems after your visit.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos