Menu
mousemart
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recently got TV, not a happy bunny.

Hi,

I recently signed up to Virgin, with landline, TV and broadband.

The speed of the box is abysmal, clunky menus takes ages to start up and do anything ect. Can I downgrade and remove the TV package as an option? It's not exactly a top of the line piece of equipment (the box)

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recently got TV, not a happy bunny.

You had a two week cooling off period. If you're still within that you can. If not then if you leave you'll have to pay a cancellation fee. 

Either way you'll need to ring as they can't deal with it on here due to the Data Protection Act. 

0 Kudos
mousemart
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi I don't want to cancel my contract, the broadband is great. just the TV part is rubbish.
False advertising in my view, they say it's all singing all dancing but my two year old phone works better with screen mirroring.

I'm just out of the cooling off period too.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As for the taking ages to start up yes it does the TiVo is designed to be left powered. It has to load a Linux operating system to then load the TiVo software.

If the box is running slow that could indicate single issues to the box. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mousemart,

Thank you for joining Virgin Media and welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Slowness in the TiVo is a difficult one a it can be measured in so many ways, I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this. 

I've had a look at the TiVo itself and it's not currently communicating to the network which can be a tell tale sign of a fault. I would like to arrange an engineer to come out and have a check on the box. I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little purple envelope near the top right of the page.

Keep in touch and speak to you soon. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
pb64
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've just signed up too. The Tivo takes a long time to start up even from standby, left powered. There was no 'Waking up' delay with the Sky HD box!
0 Kudos